Wednesday, June 29, 2022

313. Go to a carnival

Menasha Parks and Rec was having a city carnival in Smith Park I wanted to go because I've never been to a carnival and it sounded like fun. Danielle agreed to come along. However she said we've been to a carnival when we went to Chicken Fest in Darboy the other year. I was like that is a festival not a carnival. Stacy agreed with Danielle and apparently festivals and carnivals are interchangeable. Who know?


The Menasha City Carnival was not a whole of fun. They claimed games and fun for all ages but apparently they really meant kids. Tickets were $5 for 20 tickets but there wasn't enough activities that I would spend my $20 tickets on. There were a lot of games, some inflatables, and even the library. The only game that looked half way fun was the mini golf and of course it had a line. So much for playing games at the carnival. Party on the Plaza in Little Chute had better games.

We saw there was going to be Jeff McMullen, entertainer, at 6 pm. We grabbed a seat at the picnic table in the shade and waited for the show to begin. Jeff McMullen is a magician. He is very personable and great with the kids. However for two adults, he was very annoying. We stayed about 5 minutes into the show and decided we had enough. 


The highlight of the night was the walk back to the car where I walked the balance beam. I managed not to fall off or kill myself. It was quite fun.






Now that I've "been to a carnival", I really should find a better one to go to. There is nothing wrong with the Menasha City Carnival if you are between the ages of 2 and 10. After that, find a bigger carnival to attend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment