Monday, January 24, 2022

6775. Make crepes

 When we moved into our apartment, my cousins bought me a crepe pan for my birthday/housewarming gift. That was over 8 years ago. We even seasoned it when we bought it. Then it sat. Last year, I decided I wanted to make crepes, planned a crepe party for my birthday, but had to cancel due to the hubby's schedule. This year I was determined to make crepes. I decided to host a brunch and serve crepes. 

I clipped and printed a few crepe recipes years ago and found one that looked simple enough. It was milk, eggs, butter, and flour. I picked up a can of cherry pie filling and whipped cream for our crepes. I was good to.

The recipe came together easier than expected. 

Then I had to actually cook the crepes. This was the part that I was scare of. I was worried none of them were going to turn out. I knew the first crepe never turned out anyways. Well, my second crepe didn't turn out either. 

I sprayed the pan again and waited a bit more time before attempting to flip it. That must have been key because the rest turned out fine.







They were easier than expected to make unless you have the hubby breathing down your neck because he wants to eat then none of them turn out.

The cherry ones were really good. Erin said they were better than a restaurant. Even Gavin approved.

 Janis bought the fixings for a yogurt bar and Danielle bought fresh fruit so we experimented with various crepe options. 

Danielle did a cherry one with yogurt and granola on top. 

I did a raspberry one with yogurt, sunflower seeds, and almonds on top. That was amazing.

The next night I was going to use the leftover crepe batter so the hubby and I could have crepes for dinner. The batter didn't save well and separated. Even after stirring I was having problems making them. So I whipped up more batter but because the hubby was chomping on the bit to eat, I wasn't patient enough before flipping and was not as successful the second time around. 

Because the hubby likes all the things apples and I had a few apples left from fall, I made an apple filling for me which turned out amazing. There was really only enough for his crepes which was fine as I had left over cherry pie filling to use up.



My crepe adventure went better than expected. I will definitely get more use of out of the crepe pan. Maybe the crepe brunch will be an annual thing. I do really need to find a recipe though for crepes for two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment