Sunday, January 23, 2022

22 in 2022: Try a new Fruit -- Raspberry Orange Trials

 I get a lot of emails from various stores and authors. Most of them I just glance at. Rarely do I read one in it's entirety. However, one email from Meijer caught my eye. It said they were selling raspberry oranges. They were an orange that tasted like raspberries. I like raspberries and tolerate oranges. I thought this combo would be pretty good. The next time we went to Meijer, I checked them out. I could only get them in a 3 lb bag and decided not to just in case I didn't like them. I suggested to Erin that she should bring them to our crepe party. And she did.

Raspberry oranges inside can vary from a deep dark red to an almost pink color. It almost looks like the oranges were injected with raspberry syrup to get the raspberry flavor. They are quite juicy.

The raspberry oranges were much better than the kumquats. They do taste like raspberry and have a tartness to them. Because I really don't eat oranges but just suck the juice out them, raspberry oranges aren't really good for that. You kind of have to eat the pieces as they tend to break off when you try to suck the juice. 


I would get raspberry oranges again. Maybe I can find just one or two at a clip as I never would get through 3 lb bag myself. I don't think they would juice up very nicely either. If you get a chance to try them, I would definitely suggest doing so. It breaks up the regular orange routine.

Stay tuned through the year to see what other weird and exotic fruits I end up trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment