Sunday, September 5, 2021

AP US Mini Golf Tour 2021: Cedar Rapids, IA

 Mini golf is one of the hubby's and my things. We try to get mini golfing at least once a year and usually at a new course or especially if we are in a new state. I do want to play mini golf in all 50 states and we are slowly working towards this goal. I have played mini golf in 14 states and I've played in 11 with the hubby. So a long ways to go.

Since we had an evening to spend in Cedar Rapids, we opted to try a new mini golf course that opened this year. We played at a different course two years ago when we stayed in Iowa City. We decided to check out Mini Pines Miniature Golf. It turns out that it is part of the Twin Pines Golf Course which is owned by the city. Cedar Rapids owns and maintains three golf courses in the city and this is the only one with mini golf. It is $8/adult to play 18 holes of mini golf which I thought was very reasonable.

Being new this year, it is still in pristine condition. Par is 46. The hubby shot 43 and I shot 50. This is about normal for us.. the hubby usually beats me and it's at least by 5 or 6. Rarely do I beat him or does it come down to the final couple holes. The hubby got a hole in one but only one.

Like most new mini golf courses, it uses rocks, hills, and turns to make the course difficult instead of windmills and drawbridges. I prefer the old school courses to these "boring" courses. I get it though. These new courses are easier to maintain and they do still have water hazards.

I did like both Airport Mini Golf and Mini Pines Mini Golf. I would recommend either one if you are ever in Cedar Rapids and looking for family fun activity. I'm sure will go back to either one or both when we are in Cedar Rapids in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment