Thursday, September 30, 2021

The World's Largest Railsplitter Covered Wagon

 When I was looking for a stretch break attraction, Shannon suggested the world's largest covered wagon. I was like "meh". However, I changed my mind and decided to stop on our way home from Springfield. 

The World's Largest Railsplitter Covered Wagon is located in Lincoln, IL. It is a just on the edge of town if front of an old Best Western Hotel and a VFW post. There is a small parking lot so you can park and get out and check out the wagon.


The wagon is 24 feet tall. Abraham Lincoln is seated in the driver seat of the wagon. 

If you need a stretch break, check it out otherwise keep on driving. I didn't see much else in town that was worth seeing. There is supposedly a giant watermelon statue in town. I may have to go back and check that out on our next trip to Springfield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment