Saturday, June 15, 2019

4854. Go to the Menominee Park Zoo in Oshkosh

Living less than 30 minutes from Oshkosh, one would think I'd be there more than I have.  Sure I've been to the Outlet Mall. I didn't go to EAA Museum until last year. Besides high school sporting events, the outlet mall, and chocolate runs to Oaks, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've been to Oshkosh. I've been meaning to check out the Menominee Park Zoo for the last couple of summers. Ryan mentioned they were going to and I decided to tag along.



 The Menominee Park Zoo is a free zoo located inside Menominee Park in Oshkosh and is only open during the summer. The animals are rented from other zoos. The zoo is only a couple 100 acres so it can easily be done in an hour.

Getting to the zoo proved interesting due to some construction and a fishing tournament but I made it. Ryan, Tracy and Carly were at the playground across the street. I parked in a small lot next to the zoo. Otherwise there was more parking across the street.

The park makes a loop of sorts and is relatively flat. Some of the animals didn't want to be out. I don't blame them.. it was cold and cloudy.

There were elk, horses, a wolf, and ducks when we first came in. The otters were hiding and not frolicking in the water which was disappointed.





We check out some birds and saw a gorgeous Macaw along with a turkey, vulture, and peacock.







There were llamas and goats.








A bobcat and two coatimundis rounded out our animal adventures. I really enjoyed watching the Coatimundis -- one was more acrobatic than his partner.





We probably spent about 30 minutes at the zoo. There is plenty to see and space for kids to run around. It is a definite to do while in Oshkosh, especially on a nice sunny day.

No comments:

Post a Comment