Thursday, May 11, 2017

6019. Drink sake

For my last night in Costa Rica, the whole group went out to dinner to Tin Jo in downtown San Jose. Tin Jo is an Asian restaurant that features Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Indian, and Indonesian cuisine under one roof. Each of the dining rooms are decorated for one of the countries but you can order whatever dish you want in any dining room.



We all ordered different dishes. I played it safe and went with beef and green beans. Others had orange chicken, Curry, Kung Pao, and Chicken Teriyaki. You could decide on your degree of hotness.. me being a wimp went with mild even else went with medium. Dinner was very good and I would definitely order this or try something new if I ever got back here.

Beef and Green Beans

Chicken Teriyaki

We also got an appetizer of some crunchy things with a dipping sauce. None of us were 100% sure what they brought to the table.

Our appetizer

Besides ordering Chicken Teriyaki, Nic also ordered Sake, rice wine, for the table to try. He ordered it chilled but it came warm. We each got a shot of Sake.




It tasted almost like rubbing alcohol. Most everyone at the table wasn't a fan of it. The jury is still out for me. Yes it is very dry and strong but there's something about it that makes it unique. Normally I don't like warm wine but this one is actually manageable. I would love to try it chilled.  It's probably something I won't order myself but I would drink if someone at the table ordered a bottle.

Who would have thought I would have Japanese Rice Wine in Costa Rica?

No comments:

Post a Comment