Friday, October 20, 2023

Visiting the Chamber of Twisted Souls

 There is a house by the Kimberly Library that I noticed was decked out for Halloween. They usually decorate for Christmas as well. I figured I would check it out with Danielle after the Great Pumpkin Walk. Boy were we surprised when we drove by and realized it was a lot bigger than just a few skeletons in the yard. It turns out it was the Chamber of Twisted Souls, a haunted house. Since it wasn't dark out yet, I could safely handle a haunted house. I don't like things jumping out at me.

The Chamber of Twisted Souls is free with donations going to Toys for Tots. Parking is on the street but if you round the corner, watch out for the fire hydrant. We had to walk a little farther than expected. It is very easy to get to as it's off the main drag and plenty of street parking. They are open nightly from 6:30(ish) to 10 (ish). Mondays are kids nights so just lights, no spooky sounds or animation. 

Since we got there shortly after 6, it was not too spooky. The front yard, garage, and backyard are full of Halloween spookiness. They consider themselves a haunted walk instead of a haunted house.

Each area has a different theme. Here are some of my favorites

The graveyard complete with the Grim Reaper




The Zombie daycare is just adorable. 






Pirates -- who doesn't like a mermaid skeleton. 



And even an electrocution chamber.


There was also a whole display devoted to creepy clowns. I am not afraid of clowns and I made sure Danielle wasn't before we ventured in the backyard. There are well over two dozen creepy clowns and there is even a ticket both.

There is so much to see and hear. I was waiting for this guy to pop up but never did. 

I will be honest I found it amusing and found myself laughing at the craziness of it all. Maybe because it wasn't really dark out so it wasn't really spooky.  I'm sure in the dark it would be much more sinister.


If you are into spooky Halloween fun, check out The Chamber of Twisted Souls in Kimberly before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment