Sunday, October 1, 2023

Checking out Carr Valley Cheese

 The hubby said we should check out Carr Valley Cheese as they claim to have the best cheese curds. The main store is in La Valle which is on the bucket list. There is also a location downtown Wisconsin Dells and since we were driving through the Dells on the way to the train museum, I figured we could stop and check it out.

Carr Valley Cheese in the Dells is located by the Glockenspiel. You can't miss the store as it has the Alpine half timber house look to it. The store is open 9-5 daily. Parking after Sept 30th is free downtown. 

They have samples of various cheese through out the store. Each of the samples are in individual cups. I like the how sanitary it is but all that waste... The spicy beer cheese definitely had a kick. I did enjoy the Creama Kasa.. I really wasn't a fan of the creamed honey.





We picked up a bag of cheese curds, some elk sticks, and some beef sticks. Either sitting in the hot car all day ruined the taste of the cheese curds or they were not very good. I was not impressed. I had one or two once we got home and the hubby ate the rest. I thought they were hard and not very squeaky. I have had better. Apparently the hubby thought they were good or just ate them because we bought them. 

If you haven't checked out Carr Valley cheese, I would suggest hitting it up on your next trip through the Dells. It is almost kitty-corner from the candy store. I do want to visit the location in La Valley and hopefully not let the cheese curds sit in the car all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment