Friday, May 14, 2021

4945. See the World’s Largest Hex Nut at Packer Fastener in Green Bay

On Pinterest, I saw a list of things to do in Green Bay and one of them was to see world's largest Hex Nut. Who comes up with these things? Why do we need a large Hex Nut on display? Since it is there, I might as well go see it. Build it and they will come. 

The good news is you will literally almost run right into the Hex Nut if you take Lombardi Avenue east from Lambeau Field. We were headed back from Prismatica and I was like I have to see that thought as we were in the wrong lane trying to turn right. The nice brother that he is, my brother circled the block and went back so I could see the World's Largest Hex Nut.


Because it's a hex nut, it has metal ridges which are not very comfortable to sit on. So I stood instead.


It is not something I would go out of my way to see but since we literally drove right past it, I figured it was worth the stop for I could get my picture in a giant nut. 

The list of giant objects continues to grow: round barn, corkscrew, fish, penny, hex nut. Maybe I will add wooden nickel and frying pan later this year. Stay tuned to find out if I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment