Friday, July 10, 2020

Social Distancing Winery Tour Stop # 3 -- Sunshine Winery

Our final stop on this year's winery tour was a new winery my sister-in-law found on Facebook called Sunshine Winery in Cedarburg. I was stoked because they had mango winery and my cousins thought it was different enough to try.

Sunshine winery has been opened since March. They opened around the time of the pandemic hit. It is 100% tropical fruit winery and all their wines are gluten free and vegan. There is not one grape to be found in any of their wines.  The actually winery is in Florida and they are the only place in Wisconsin allowed to sell Sunshine winery. 



They serve about two dozen different fruit wines along with two sparking wines. Plus they have wine smoothies. Their smoothie mixes can be used with or without wine.

For our tasting we sampled 6 wines each plus the two frozen wine smoothies currently on tap. Oh! The choices of which ones to try. This is when I'd love to try sample some of my cousins' wines. I couldn't make up my mind and ended up changing mind my half way through.



My six were

Hurricane Class 5 -- This is just like a hurricane cocktail in wine form. It is their best seller. There is a strong pineapple flavor which stopped me from getting it only because I wasn't sure the hubby would like it.

Mango Mamma -- This is the sole reason I wanted to go to this winery. And it didn't disappoint. It tastes just like a ripe Mango. I did bring home a bottle of this. I can't wait for the hubby to try it.



Juicy Watermelon -- I was disappointed by this one. I wanted a strong watermelon flavor and it wasn't there. It was good but not what I was looking for.

White Gold Peach -- This was a last minute change. My cousin loved it and it is a so clear that it's white. It's good. I won't say it's the best peach I've had but it's right up there.



Coco Polada -- My face said it all. I'm in love. This is amazing. Best wine I've had in a long time. My cousins' bought me a bottle for my birthday because I was torn between the Mango Mamma and this one. 



St. Pete Sangria -- It's your typical sangria. It wasn't a favorite and was slightly disappointed I wasted a selection on this one. 

Strawberry Wine Smoothie -- Not.A.Fan. It tastes too much like strawberry. My cousins loved it though.



Watermelon Wine Smoothie -- Not bad. Liked it much better than the strawberry one. It might have been better with a straw.

A couple wines my cousins sampled
Millennium Gold Sherry-- The bottle is waxed sealed and looks like something you'd find on a pirate ship. The wine had to be pretty amazing since they both bought a bottle



Midnight Sun -- An orange coffee blend. My cousin loved it. She said it wasn't as overpowering as the coffee one from Down Time Wines.

Hot Sun -- Bloody Mary Wine. Imagine your classic Bloody Mary in wine bottle. 

This is going to be a must stop in the future. Good thing it's only 20 minutes from my parents. Check out them out whenever you are in Cedarburg. Heck you could do a whole wine tasting day just in Cedarburg with their three wineries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment