Thursday, July 9, 2020

4731. Follow the Fox Valley Wine Trail -- Kerrigan Brothers Winery

Before COVID hit, my cousins were going to go to Door County and I was going to meet them some time to do some wine tasting on their way to my parents. Then COVID hit and plans changed. They ended up just going to Green Bay for the night and then hook up with me to do some with wine tasting on the way to Saukville.

After figuring out what wineries were open during the day and doing tastings, I sent them a list of possibilities saying I have only been to the same wineries you have. They sent back the list of Kerrigan Brothers, Trout Springs, and Sunshine Winery. Two of them being on the Fox River Valley Wine Trail which I still have not followed completely.

Kerrigan Brothers Winery in Freedom was our first stop. They opened at 9 AM. Who says it is too early for wine?? No we didn't get there at 9.. we met at 10:30. We were the only people there. We still practiced social distancing prior to drinking wine.



We could taste up to 4 or 5 wines for free. They have about 24 wines plus 10 or so fortified wines. Most of their wines are fruit based wines and have fun names such as Green Leprechaun or Bah! Humbug.



I tasted

Gaelic Snow which is semi-dry white. It wasn't bad. I just liked the name.



Pear -- Your typical pear wine. It was good but as I was told it's not pear season. I think he was right. I might like this better in fall. Still looking for a really good pear wine.

Winter Melon -- I didn't know what to expect with this wine since I never had winter melon. I was hoping for a watermelon flavor. They was definitely a melon flavor just not the watermelon.

Muddled Old Fashioned -- Being from Wisconsin, nothing is better than a fish fry and an old fashioned. This is an old fashioned in a wine bottle. This came home with all of us. I could get into a lot of trouble with this wine.



Since we only sampled a few wines, I'd like to go back and sample a few more. It's a nice winery with a wide variety and close to home for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment