Thursday, July 9, 2020

Social Distancing Winery Tour Stop # 2 -- Ziegler Winery

Our second stop on our winery tour this year was supposed to be Trout Springs Winery in Greenleaf. I happened to notice a post on Facebook that they would be closed on Thursday and Friday due to a death. I saw this on Tuesday. Now I had to scramble to find another winery. The other wineries on our list either we've been to or didn't overly appeal to us. A quick Google Search came back with Ziegler Winery in Malone. It fit all the criteria and even had truffles.

Ziegler is in the middle of no where. Even with the GPS and a big flag that said winery, I missed my turn. The road I was supposed to turn on looked like a driveway. After turning around and finally getting there, it is an actual gorgeous winery. They have only been in business since October. The winery is in an old barn. There is are several indoor and outdoor seating areas to enjoy a glass of wine.



For $8, we got four wine samples and a tasting glass. They had fourteen different wines to choose from.



My four choices were:

Brianna -- a semi-sweet white that had tropical undertones. It was good but not earth shattering. It is a good sipping wine.



Pink Diamante -- This is the perfect cheese tasting wine. I really liked this one.

Marquette -- A sweet red that was really good.



Bella Rouge -- Another sweet red that pairs well with everything.



The problem with social distancing wine tasting is you don't get to taste your cousins' or friends' wine choices. You stick to your own glass.

We decided since we had some time, we would get a bottle, some truffles, and relax. My cousins selected Recherche, a off-dry wine. I had a small glass along with my truffle. We started to sit outside but then the wind picked up and we moved to the covered outside seating in back. It was just nice to relax and sip wine.




I would definitely recommend this winery to anyone that is looking for a good winery to visit with family or friends. Just north of Fond du Lac, it is a true hidden gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment