Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Quarantine Adventures: Wine, Alpacas, and Yarn

A few weeks back, Shannon tagged me a Facebook post about some event to do with alpacas. It sounded interesting but while I was scrolling through the other events I found alpaca yoga and Knit, Crochet, and Wine with the Alpacas. All these events were at the London Dairy Alpaca Ranch in Two Rivers. I knew Heather would like the Knitting one and asked her if she was interested. I told her she could knit while I would drink wine and make knots. She was and I signed us up.



Knit, Crochet, and Wine with the Alpacas is exactly what it sounds like. Taste some wine and work on your yarn project while the alpacas wandered about. It was set up so everyone was at least six feet apart too.

For $6, we each got 4 wine samples and a glass of wine to sip while working on your project. I had Heather's wine as well. All the wine, like the alpacas, were from South America. We tasted

Tierra Brisa Chardonnay -- I am not a fan of Chardonnays. Most of them are way too dry for me. This one was amazing. Definitely a sweet chardonnay. I did use Heather's free glass on this one.




Bodega Norton Merlot -- It was good. I'm not a red drinker but this wasn't bad.



Another sweet Red that I can't remember what kind or the name. I have no pictures of the front of the bottle. It was good.




Bodega Norton Moscato -- This was another really good wine. It had the perfect sweetness to it. This was my choice for my glass of wine.



The the alpacas came out. I spent most of my time trying to get pictures with the alpacas since I didn't have any yard to play with. Getting a selfie with a baby alpaca is not as easy as it sounds. They were constantly on the move. It was fun trying anyways.







Towards the end, one of the workers did bring around an older mama alpaca that we could pose with pictures.


Even though I didn't knit and had way too much wine, it was a fun evening. I would definitely recommend them for any group outing. Check out their Facebook page for upcoming events. I'm sure I will get back over there again. Maybe for yoga....

No comments:

Post a Comment