Monday, November 25, 2019

Art at the Library -- Ugly Sweaters

When Kimberly-Little Chute Library was offering an even to make ugly sweaters and all you had to do was provide the sweater, I marked it on the calendar. I have an ugly Christmas sweatshirt that I got a few years back when we did ugly Christmas sweaters for Christmas day. I wanted another one, specifically an ugly Christmas hoodie.

Because I was a slacker and never made it to Hobby Lobby to get an plain hoodie, I ended up with getting a nice fleece tunic. So no ugly Christmas hoodie for me this year.

The library supplied all the supplies needed to make the Christmas as well as some samples designs to go off of. I knew what I wanted to do. I wanted to make a Christmas tree and decorate it.

When I got there all the green shiny garland was used up (they had two sessions) so I just used garland that looked like pine garland. Armed with lights, ornaments, bells, stickers, and packages I went to work on decorating my tree.



I discovered that foam stickers work great since they have really strong adhesive.

I am happy how it turned out. I will wear for the Rudolph Run and ugly sweater day at work. Maybe next year I will try to get the hoodie and make another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment