Saturday, November 9, 2019

Bazaar After Dark -- Fall Edition

I've been wanting to check out Bazaar After Dark for a while now but it never fit in my schedule. Bazzar After Dark is an old fashion street fair with food, vendors, and street artists. It usually happens along a street in one of the area communities in the evenings during the summer... about 2 or 3 times a year.

This year they decided to do a fall one in Menasha. It was a Saturday. Most of the Bazaar After Dark start around 7 pm. This one started at 3 pm and to about 7 or 8. Since Danielle was busy, Heather came along.

I was disappointed. It was a fairly nice day out considering what it has been lately and there weren't a lot of people, booths, or artists. I think being November had something to do with it.



There were some game set up along with a few ping pong tables. Heather's son beat me in ping pong. I had to get used to a shorter table. It was fun trying to wipe the snow off the ball.



We wandered through the vendor booths, stopping inside to get some s'mores and hot chocolate for the Boys and Girls Club. That was the highlight of my day besides playing ping pong. The s'mores were made with marshmallow fluff instead of toasted marshmallows and were quite tasty. I kind of wish they had a fire pit outside to roast marshmallows and make s'more with. That would have been perfect.



We checked out the food trucks but I really didn't bring cash with me (dumb I know) so I didn't get anything.



We watched the sword dancers for a bit. I didn't see the fire eaters. They must have been later.





Even though I was disappointed, it was still a fun time. I know I want to go to one in summer when it is actually dark out and see it really come alive. This was a good taste to see what it is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment