Tuesday, June 19, 2018

For the One that Finds Me Painting Adventure

Because Kimberly-Little Chute has an artsy program person, they have a lot of art events. Partnering with Richeson School of Art and Gallery and local florists, they hosted flower painting nights at both the Little Chute and Kimberly libraries. The idea was to paint a small painting of flowers and leave the paintings and flowers around the community for someone was to find as part of the "For the One Who Finds Me" project.

Despite being a lackluster artist, I wanted to do this. It was not one of my better ideas. This was the one time my lack of art ability really hindered me. I had to paint a still life of a flower and the ones at my table were roses. It was impossible. I know I was afraid of it doing a bad job but it was still tough to paint realistic roses especially since I can't draw one to save my life.



We had an instructor from Richeson who demonstrated a few techniques but really left us up to our own devices. I wanted a lot of help but didn't get much. She got my started but then made me to do the bulk of the work on my own. I was so lost.   I think I should have just left the outlines of the flowers on the background.



We then had to go "hide" our projects in a public place in Kimberly. If we knew our painting was going to be found that night, we could have take the flowers too. I wasn't sure if it was going to be found so I left the flowers at the library, took my dismal painting and headed home. I thought of leaving it at the breakfast joint but decided Sunset Park would be fun. Initially, I wanted to leave it at the bandshell but the couple making out deterred that idea and I left it propped up on a picnic table in one of the pavilions. Hopefully who ever found it, the painting made them smile.




It was a great project.... and if I wasn't so afraid of failing, I would have just painted any flower and not those dang red roses on my table. I can do daisies pretty well. There's always next painting adventure. Knowing Stephanie, there will be plenty of time to get this flower painting thing right.

No comments:

Post a Comment