Sunday, May 20, 2018

Kanga and Roo: Live and in Person

Facebook is my source for weird and entertaining events. As I was scrolling through my feed, Woodman's informed the Kangaroos were coming. Woodman's is on the other side of town... much closer than the other side of the world. I told Danielle there were kangaroos at Woodman's and she was like Kangaroos?!? Yes Ma'am... I don't know why but I didn't care I was going to see Kangaroos.

Since Danielle had too many things to do and we told Gavin the kangaroos were cancelled, I asked Grandma if she wanted to go see the kangaroos on the way back from Elvis. Of course she did. She loves animals especially the more exotic kind.. the ones you don't get to see every day.




After getting turned around a few times (Grandma doesn't like the highway... can't say I blame her), we made it to Woodman's and located the kangaroos. I figured they had to be outside and they were... under the overhang in the pick up area. I parked and got Grandma a wheelchair because it was a bit of a walk.

The line to hold a baby kangaroo was only a few people long and moved very quickly. The little joey was about six months old and was still in the pouch (aka purse). The joey was the most adorable little bugger out. Both grandma and I got to hold him. You hold him just like you would a human baby.





Then it was feeding time.. bottle feed. We got there just in time.



There were three other adult kangaroos in a plexiglass enclosure. 2 of them were sleeping and the other one at first was a bit more active. All of them were red kangaroos which are the smaller of the two breeds of kangaroos. Gray kangaroos are much bigger. All of these were about the age of a 20-something adult.





Sure all this was an advertising ploy for Timbavati Wildlife Park in Wisconsin Dells but I am not complaining. Where else can I go see kangaroos for free and hold a baby one? I am glad that Timbavati brought out their kangaroos and was able to educate people about them. Both of the "zookeepers" were very knowledgeable and answered any questions Grandma or I had.

This was the perfect way to end a busy weekend. I will have to keep scrolling through Facebook to find more cool events. Who knows maybe I'll cuddle with a koala next.

No comments:

Post a Comment