Saturday, April 7, 2018

Getting Crafty -- Wine Bottle Planters



I picked up a FAN Pass to make a wine bottle planter at the Bergstrom-Mahler glass museum. I saw the event on Facebook and wanted to go but didn't want to spend $15 to make one. Danielle and Gavin joined me.

Image result for wine bottle planter

Technically we "made" a wine bottle planter but it really wasn't worth the $15.


First we picked out our wine bottle which was already cut in half.

Then we sanded the edges to make the smooth and inverted the top of the bottle into the bottom.



Finally we added a piece of screen with a string, some dirt, and planted a couple of seeds.



And then you took it home. Let's see how long I can keep my beans alive....

Basically they gave you a cut wine bottle you filled with some dirt... for $15. I can get a whole lotta potting soil, seeds, and pots for $15. We didn't even get to decorate the bottle. I was hoping to make a fun design on the bottle with glass pieces so it would be some funky planter outside my apartment. Heck, I'd even taken paint or even Sharpies. It really was kind of boring. I get it was a make and take but it was seriously lacking creativity. Next year, I'll let someone else have the FAN pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment