Monday, March 12, 2018

Move Over Churrio Sundaes, Rolled Ice Cream is Here

I am all about getting ice cream when we visit different places. I prefer local spots as to regional or national chains unless I'm abroad. After the hubby and I finished the first leg (of many I hope) of the 2018 AP Mini Golf Tour, we were deciding on dinner when on the way out of the mall, I noticed a sign for rolled ice cream. This was new to both of us and we had to check it out.

Think Cold Stone Creamery meets fruit roll ups... kinda. Rolled ice cream is a Thai treat and it is basically what is sounds like.. rolled up ice cream.

It is a multiple step process that was done right in front of us.

First we picked out our mix ins (along with the rest of our flavors and toppings)-- there were pre-selected flavor combinations. We went with Oreo and Ferrero Rocher.

Then the ice cream maker took over.

1. Crush up mix-ins



2. Pour our choice of ice cream over it and mix until harden on cold stone.






3. Smooth out the ice cream



4. Roll up and put in a bowl



5. Add additional toppings -- we went with animal crackers (teddy grahams) and coconut

6. Drizzle syrup (caramel) and add whip cream

Then we had the fun part -- Enjoy.



It was interesting to see how they made it. I like that is made fresh to order. However, I wish we could have picked our own mix-ins especially since the hubby and I were sharing and that seriously limited our selections. There are some fruit options like Lychee besides just sugar options.

I would definitely go back but again to share since it is a bit price -- $5 for 6 rolls. A quick Google search shows me there are a couple Rolled Ice Cream places in Milwaukee... hopefully one will make it's way up to the Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment