Sunday, December 3, 2017

Christmas on the Pond

Kimberly was having a community Christmas event called Christmas on the Pond. I wanted to go because I love all things Christmas. The weather was gorgeous so I dragged the hubby with me.

After a quick Googlemap search, we found where Memorial Park was in Kimberly. I never heard of it and I didn't think they would have had the event in Combined Locks but say it was in Kimberly. It turns out it is the site of the old Paper Mill which right on the main drag in Kimberly. I didn't even know they turned that into a park.



I really didn't know what to expect. They were advertising a luminary lit path, a story walk, s'mores, and Santa. I wasn't sure if this was going to be cheesy or actually something worthwhile. As we drove up, it almost looked cheesy. I told the hubby if it was cheesy we could pass. Well, it didn't look too cheesy and we decided to check it out.

As we walked across the street to the park, I noticed several wooden cut outs where you could take your picture in. Most of them were being utilized. I did manage to get my picture taken in one of them at the end  -- even though I was wider then than the wood. Santa's sleigh with the reindeer was a big hit with everyone. If the hubby wasn't so much of a Grinch, I would have loved to have taken a picture in the sleigh.






The luminary light path was actually quite dark as many of the luminaries did not have holes cut in the bags to allow light to escape. Luckily there was enough park lightening to be able to take the book walk.




Kimberly-Little Chute Library put on another book walk. As you walked the path around the pond, you could read Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree by Robert E. Barry. Laminated pages of the story were spaced along the path allowing families to read a story and get a little bit of exercise. I love when I stumble upon a book walk.



I did not partake in the s'mores even though I would have if the hubby wasn't there or if I knew if there was a charge or not for them. The s'mores stations were semi dark only lit with the light of the fires. It appeared that there were several stations.

Christmas on the Pond was a nice family event especially with the weather being so mild. Even though it would have been better with snow on the ground. Even teenagers and adults could have enjoyed this event as well. I am hoping they continue to grow this event in the future. I would make this part of my holiday tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment