Thursday, December 7, 2017

5873. See an Elvis impersonator

When I saw that Kimberly-Little Chute was having an Elvis Christmas show, I knew I had to go because it's Elvis (and who doesn't like Elvis) and it's Christmas songs. Hello, no brainer.  I also knew Grandma would love this as well. So we headed to the library for some Elvis.

What an hour it was. Before the show, Elvis, dressed in red, circulated the crowd posing for pictures and talking to fans. Then he changed into a blue jumpsuit and sang many of his classics and Christmas tunes. 



There was plenty of room of front in case you wanted to dance. One couple really cut a rug and was just as entertaining to watch as Elvis. 

Elvis would start a song and then make his way through the crowd. He made sure to shake everyone's hand throughout the evening. Some lucky women even got serenaded including Grandma. Some were even luckier and ended up with a scarf from the King himself. Me.. I got a handshake. 






Grandma wanted to hear more Elvis songs.. me I wanted Christmas songs. The one song that he didn't sing was "Jailhouse Rock". Oh well. there is always next time. 



Since Elvis is from the area, I'll be on the look out to see where Elvis John is performing again. There were plenty of people there that are regulars at his shows. It was great evening and many thanks to the FOLKS who sponsored the show. I made Grandma's year. Too bad she didn't want her picture taken with him... alas next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment