Tuesday, June 13, 2017

AP US Mini Golf Tour 2017: Springfield, Illinois

One of the things I want to do in every state is play mini golf which I have probably mentioned several times by now. Since the hubby likes playing mini golf this is a good way for us to spend an evening (or afternoon) when on vacation. It is usually fairly cheap entertainment.

As unbelievable it is sounds, I never played mini golf in Illinois. Between family vacations visiting relatives, and baseball trips, I'm surprised I've not played mini golf in Illinois before (or at least remember playing mini golf). Since there was a mini golf place near dinner and Scheels, after we were done killing time in Scheels, we stopped at Knights Action Park to play mini golf.

Oh so close


Knights Action Park is a water park and amusement park in one. The water park side is only open until 6 while the amusement park is open until 10. There were 2 different mini golf courses to choose from as well a driving range, a Ferris Wheel, batting cage, go karts, and something called Paratroopers. We just stuck with mini golf.

Each course had a different theme. We played the South Pacific course. There was also the Medieval Course. It was an old school mini golf course with castles and other obstacles to navigate around and through. Fortunately for me there was no windmill. Unfortunately there were several holes where you had to master to hitting the ball with just the right amount of power to get up the hill but not back down the other side.





Most of the holes on the both courses were Par 2 with a couple Par 3 holes. One would think that I would do fairly decent. Most holes it took me 3 or 4 putts to get it in the hole. I came close to a hole in one once. Let's just say my bowling score at Scheels was lower than my mini golf score.



Despite my bad golfing.. even the hubby shot 10 over... it was a fun course. If we are ever back in Springfield and looking for something to do at night, I'm sure we would be back. Maybe next time we will try the other course.

No comments:

Post a Comment