Tuesday, March 28, 2017

6036. Make fresh squeezed orange juice

I was talking to my mom while she and my dad was in Arizona visiting my aunt and uncle and she said, "Too bad you don't like oranges. The orange tree is full of oranges and they need to be picked to have blossoms next year."

Image result for orange tree
Image courtesy of Google

I was like but I could make fresh squeezed orange juice. 

My mom brought me 4 oranges, totaling over 5lbs, back from Arizona for orange juice.



By the time, I saw her though my fresh squeezed orange juice was more like 2 week old squeezed orange juice. And boy were those oranges ready to be squeezed.

I warmed up the oranges in the microwave to get the maximum juice out of them and squeezed...



and squeezed... 



Since these oranges were quite ripe, I also had a lot of pulp to dig out of my juicer..



... and strain the juice to get pulp free juice



I got a fair amount of juice out of my 4 oranges.. enough for a glass... 

After I chilled it over night, I poured me a glass.



BLECH!!!!

It was horrible. I am not a big orange juice drinker but at least I know that it should take like oranges. This tasted like absolutely nothing. It had no flavor or it tasted like old orange rinds. I took 2 sips and dumped the rest down the drain.

After talking to mom, she did say the orange she had in Arizona didn't really have any taste. I'm glad it wasn't just me. Maybe one day I'll get to make fresh off the tree orange juice that actually tastes like oranges.


No comments:

Post a Comment