Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Exploring the Newton-Blackmour Trail

I love when I discover a new trail or path. I may have seen signs for the Newton-Blackmour State Trail before but never walked it. The Newton-Blackbmour State Trail connects New London, Shiocton, Black Creek, and Seymour.



The hubby suggested I get all my walking in done sooner rather later in Seymour because of the threat of severe weather. I heeded his advice and set out to explore Seymour. I ended up downtown where I found a sign for the Newton-Blackmour State Trail. Not releasing it ran in both directions, I opted to cross the street and head east under the sign for the trail.

You can walk, bike, or horseback ride on the trail. For these reasons, the trail is gravel which is fine unless you are wearing sandals and have to constantly dig pebbles out of your sandals. Further down the trail, it connects with the Duck Creek Trail and you can walk all the way to Oneida…. 6 miles away. I walked about 1/2 mile or so before turning around.




Honestly the part of the trail I was on was nothing spectacular. There was a sawmill type business on the one side towards the beginning. Then there was a small subdivision further up. No woods or anything that would allow me to commune with nature. I get it was only a trail and most trails are used for biking but it would be nice to be scenic. The next time I will head west see if it any more scenic.






I am glad that there are state trails that we can get out and get some exercise on. I like walking on trails and paths. It beats walking the same route in the complex night after night but I don’t like getting in my car just do so. I use the hubby’s games as an opportunity to explore these different trails and paths. Who knows where the next one will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment