Monday, April 27, 2015

#3730 -- Go to the Labyrinth Garden Park in Appleton

Like many of things on my bucket list, this I saw a sign for this while driving by it one day and thought it would be cool to check out. However, the Labyrinth Garden is not really a park. It is a peaceful path to spiritual rejuvenation. The Labyrinth Garden was a gift to the city of Appleton from the First Congregational Church of Christ. Once I discovered what the Labyrinth Garden really was, I wasn't too keen on heading over there any time soon or go out of my way to visit.

Yesterday, however I was in the neighborhood and I checked it out. Now, it probably didn't help that I had Great Ball of Fire playing on my phone while I was trying to connect to my spiritual side. I tried to follow the path. I really did. Although they say there are no tricks or dead ends, I seemed to walk the same quarter of the circle back and forth. If I followed the path of the circle, I never got very far before I was back where I started. Maybe that was a sign that I need to start over and try again until I get it right, whatever it is. I took it to meant, it was time to get out of there.


If Jerry Lee Lewis wasn't blaring in my ears and I wasn't on a time crunch, maybe I could truly discover my spiritual side. The wind chimes do provide a calming effect.

The Labyrinth Garden is a true hidden gem. I appreciate that there is this spiritual spot in the middle of the city where you can go to reflect and find whatever you need to. Not once did I feel silly for trying the labyrinth. I am grateful that I took the time to explore it and try to get in touch with my spiritual side. Next time I will leave Jerry Lee Lewis at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment