Sunday, June 30, 2024

5897. Have ice cream at Belts' in Stevens Point

 The hubby said we could do whatever we wanted on the way back from Eau Claire. I wanted to get ice cream at Belts' in Stevens Point. We tried one other time and it was super busy. 

Belts' is a soft serve ice cream stand near downtown Stevens Point. It is a walk up and order kind of place. It is open 11-10 every day during the summer. They only take cash but do have an ATM on site.


They serve cones, dishes, sundaes, slushes, and shakes/malts. You can get vanilla, chocolate, twist, or the flavor of the day. Belts' is famous for their large cone. It is like a foot tall. 


The hubby got a vanilla cone and I got the flavor of the day -- Blue Moon. 



I will be honest this was not one of my better ideas. The ice cream was just so-so. I thought the blue moon had no flavor. Dairy Queen is better.  Neither of us were impressed. I am not a huge soft serve fan to begin with so that might be part of the problem. I also forget that blue moon really has no flavor. 

So it was a disappointing stop but it did knock off have ice cream in Portage County. I will have to find some better ice cream in Stevens Point. I might have to send my nephew on a mission to find some next year while at UW-Point. 

Even though we were disappointed, if you like soft serve and huge cones do check out Belts'. Maybe you will like it better than us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment