Thursday, February 2, 2023

Checking out the B(Art) Exhibit

 I happened to see that the Trout Museum of Art was offering free days the first Thursday of the month December through March. I love free days at a museum. Looking through their list of exhibits, I saw that B(Art) was coming at the end of January and decided I wanted to go. I figured February Free day would be perfect. 

Danielle and I decided to check out B(Art) together. B(Art) is an exhibit on the amination of The Simpsons. Since we went on the Free Day we didn't have to pay the normal $10 admission fee. The Trout Museum is open every day but Mondays and the hours vary depending on the day. 

I'll be honest I'm not a huge Simpsons Fan. I remember when the show first came out back in 1989 but we really never watched it. Lil' Bro got a Bart Simpson T-Shirt for his birthday and might even had a book. We just weren't into the humor of The Simpsons. I am a fan of amination and loved seeing the Dr. Seuss and Roger Rabbit exhibits they previously had at the Trout. 

B(Art) covered the walls of both the first and second floor of the museum. It picture after picture of handmade animation cels. Each section feature a different character.


There were a classic quotes scattered among the cels. 

Upstairs was also a mock set of the Simpsons' living room where you could sit on the couch.


Of course you can't forget the giant classic sayings.



After checking out the pictures, I took a moment to indulge in some of the hands-on experience. I traced a picture of Homer Simpson eating a donut.


I also wrote on the wall like Bart would have had to do.






I didn't have time to make my own animation. 

I'm glad we went on a Free Day. The exhibit is definitely worth the $10, I just won't pay $10 to see it as I don't love The Simpsons that much. I was little disappointed there was not much dedicated to Marge or Maggie. 

Definitely go check out B(Art) at the Trout Museum of Art. It can take as short as 30 minutes to visit and you can always grab a treat at one of the coffee shops near by. 

No comments:

Post a Comment