Sunday, August 7, 2022

2941. Go to Yooper Winery in Menominee

 Heather mentioned there is a winery in Michigan called the Yooper Winery. I decided this was my kind of place and I needed to go. Since we had time to kill before dinner and Menominee is not that far from the Peshtigo Fire Museum, I convinced the hubby to stop there. 

The Yooper Winery is located in Menominee, MI just across the border from WI. It is only open seasonally Wednesday-Sunday 11-4 as the owners head to Florida in the winter. 


For $6, you can taste six wines. Due to COVID, there were pre-determine flight lists of wines to try. I personally wanted to mix and match my wines from several lists. However, since I had to pick a flight, I went with Package 1.

Of course I forgot to take a picture of my flight...

Yooper Stooper was way too sweet. 

Strawberry Rhubarb was surprisingly my favorite. I do not like strawberries or rhubarb but the combination in this was amazing. I did not get a bottle since the hubby would not like it.

Raspberry Rush was very disappointing. I high hopes for this and it bombed. I almost tasted like bad cough medicine.

Plum was not bad. Again, I am not a fan of plums but this wine was decent. 

Pear was good but not good enough for me to get a bottle. Definitely hard to find a good pear wine.

Honey Peach was another favorite of this flight. It wasn't as good as Basil's peach but it was good. I definitely thought of bringing this one home.

Since it was later in Sunday afternoon and no one else was in the winery, the owner gave me a few extra samples

Cherry Bomb -- Another one I thought I was going to like and ended up disappointed. It might have been the high alcohol content.

Cheesehead Red -- This was another favorite of mine. It tasted like drinking grape juice which I don't like. I wasn't entirely sure if the hubby would like it, so it didn't come home.

Strawberry -- I tried this just to make sure I got the right bottle for a gift. It was a good and either choice would have made a good gift.

Overall, the hubby felt that they were trying to turn the wines in cocktails instead of a wine. I was not overly impressed. The good news is that I don't need to drive to Michigan to pick up a bottle if I decide I want one. Their wine is also sold in DePere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment