Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Herb Your Enthusiasm -- A Rosemary Adventure

 Kimberly Library has a cooking club called Herb Your Enthusiasm where they feature a different herb or spice each month. I've looked into this before but it is usually a spice I don't have any interest in cooking with. This month was rosemary -- a herb that I actually have and recently started using. Instead of being at the library, it was at Il Bar Coffee Shop in Kimberly where we would get a cooking demonstration. Sign me up. I didn't pick up the packet of herbs beforehand.. why I already had rosemary.


Despite feeling like an outsider initially since everyone there usually came to every meeting, the librarians made you feel welcome. Then they asked for volunteers to help make the cookies. Since no one else volunteered, I did. I had a real tough job.  I had to use the hand mixer to make the dough. The pastry chef at Il Bar taught us to make lemon rosemary shortbread cookies. We never did get the recipe. It would be a fun summer recipe. I may have to google it.




The owner then showed us how to make lavender rosemary lemonade. Again they needed a volunteer and I'm glad I volunteered for the cookies otherwise I would have to squeeze 10 lemons. While our volunteer was squeezing the library we learned about the coffee shop as well as the rest of the ingredients. Surprisingly the lemonade was quite tasty. I am not a fan of lavender but it was very subtle.



Overall it was a fun hour and a break my mundane routine. It got me out of the house, got to meet some new people, try new foods, and discover a new coffee shop. I will definitely check out the Herb Your Enthusiasm again but probably not in May since I'm not all about foraging for food. I can't wait to go back to Il Bar for a iced chia latte or hot chocolate. They even have flights of their drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment