Saturday, March 19, 2022

22 in 2022 -- Go to the Community Public Market in Appleton

 Instead of doing a winter farmer's market inside the City Plaza, Appleton created the Community Public Market. It was created in 2020 and the pandemic cut it short. The Community Public Market was back last year and I just never got down there for it. I was determined to go this year. 

The Community Public Market is in the Fox Cities Convention Center one Saturday a month in January, February, and March. In January, it was cancelled due to an outbreak of COVID. February was the same day as Death By Chocolate and just didn't work out. That meant I had to get there in March if I was going to knock it off my list this year.

Each aisle of the convention center had a different theme: Retail Road, Farmer's Market Square, Artisan Alley, Play and Learn Lane, Tasty Trail, and Wellness Parkway. Each of them focusing on different products and services.

As we came down the escalators, the Building for Kids had a play area set up with giant form dinosaur bones. I attempted to build a dinosaur. I didn't get very far. It's harder than it looks. When we left the dinosaur bones were gone and replaced with building blocks. You never know what fun activity awaits kids.


Inside the convention hall, we wandered the different "Streets" -- stopping at booths that piqued our interested. Some streets had more vendors than others. The best part I got some cannoli.  Okay so that was the other reason I needed a cannoli fix from Rudy.


Some booths were more interactive than others. One of them had Plinko.

There was live music as well.

It's a great concept but it was a bit lackluster. I felt it needed more booths and interaction. It almost felt very expo like and not like a market. It might be the environment or something. Maybe I just like outdoor markets better. I would be open to go again next only if it is just to get a cannoli fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment