Sunday, August 2, 2020

Quarantine Adventures: July Author Talks

When I said I was cutting back on virtual author events, I didn't realize that I actually did. Apparently I'm over the whole virtual author talks or I've listened to all my favorite authors. I only tuned into two author events, one or two Friends and Fiction talks, and I didn't even make it to my Brenda Novak Book club.

Both of the author visits were hosted by Murder By the Book bookstore. I found the first one which led me to my second one.

Susan Wiggs
I love Susan Wiggs' books. I've read several of them and actually received free copies of her last two books, The  Oysterville Sewing Circle and The Lost and Found Bookshop. During her Facebook Live Event, she talked about The Lost and Found Bookshop. 



Like most author talks, she talked about her book, life in Quarantine, her writing process, and life in general. It is always fascinating to find out what authors are doing during quarantine and how their book launches have been affected. Many of them have turned their actual book tours into virtual ones.

I was really glad I stumbled upon this author visit and bookstore. They are constantly doing virtual author events. I will periodically check to see who is the guest author and might go to more.

Beatrice Williams
I have not read Beatrice Williams but everyone keeps talking about her books. Her latest book, The Last Flight, is based off of Amelia Earhart. Many of her books are on my to read list but when you have over 4000 books on it, some of them get lost in the dark.

Beatrice talked about her love aviation and the back story to the book.It is always interesting to get a glimpse into the reason behind the book and how they went about researching the book.



Both events were really interesting. I know I have other author events that I'm interested in the coming weeks. We will see which ones I actually attend (and what I remember about them). Until then, I will just keep on reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment