Saturday, October 12, 2019

Channeling My Inner Wizard

When I saw that Nardi's Affogato Bar in De Pere was having a Harry Potter Day I wanted to go. Shannon wanted to go to. So I met Shannon and her house. Rick, Shannon, Thomas, and I headed over to Affogato's a little after 11:30. Harry Potter day was running from 10-6.





Nardi's Affogato is an Italian coffee bar that also servers gelato. They said there were going to have Harry Potter themed drinks, snacks, and gelato. There were to be giveaways and trivia.

True to their word, there were Harry Potter themed drinks but they were all coffee based. I was hoping for at least one with coffee.



There was one that came with it's own mug called the Weasley.



There was definitely Harry Potter themed gelato. All their gelato had Harry Potter names. The gelato was good... a bit pricey but good.



I never did see any Harry Potter treats.

The giveaway while we were there was a gelato cake if you put your receipt in the drawing.

There were a few Harry Potter decorations.





But it was really kind of lame. I was expecting a lot more Harry Potter fans and interactions going on. If you weren't into Harry Potter you might have thought the whole thing was weird but would have not felt out of place. I actually felt out of place with my Harry Potter scarf on.

Hopefully my next Harry Potter event is less lame. It felt like any other Saturday at the coffee bar. Maybe I came in with high expectations but it was definitely not what I expected. There's always another Harry Potter Day. He's not going anywhere any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment