Saturday, September 14, 2019

608. Go to a YMCA

When planning my ultimate bucket list year, crossing off go to the YMCA was high on the list. The Appleton Library offers a fan pass to the Y every month. I figured if I could snag a pass, it would be free to go to the Y. And that is exactly what I did.

Danielle and I headed to the Appleton YMCA. We ran into the first problem before we even got there when we realized the farmer's market was still going on and we had to detour around College Ave.. except the detour never really told us how to get to back to the YMCA after we got down in the locks. Luckily we were able to find our way there by sheer luck without the help of Googlemaps.




After we parked, which luckily I grabbed quarters for lockers since the parking garage only took cash, we headed into the YMCA. It turns out Danielle and I needed to live in the same house to use my FAN pass for both of us. Looks like the hubby and I got a new "roommate".

Neither of us have been to the Appleton YMCA before so we didn't really know everything they offered. Before we decided what we wanted to do, we were given a tour. We saw everything from the gyms, to the pools, the workout areas, and even the member only women's locker room which was enough to make contemplate getting a membership... that and the fencing room.

Once we seen the entire YMCA, we decided to go into the pool. We had about an hour before I needed to be home which was the perfect amount of pool time. The pool was fairly empty except for a few lap swimmers and a mom with her daughters. The kiddie pool had more people in it. Danielle and I spent out time walking and doing water aerobics of sorts. I actually did lunge walks for majority of time. I tried to do laps and tired after there and back.



It was really nice way to spend a few hours. I would love to get a membership but I can't justify it. I really don't think I would use it all that much and if I ever get the urge to use a treadmill or elliptical I can always go to one of the complex fitness rooms. The Y offers great programs which could be an incentive down the road though. For now if I get the urge to head back to the Y, I'll just make sure I get a FAN pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment