Saturday, February 2, 2019

975. Play Twiddlywinks

Back when I wrote this list, I thought playing Twiddlywinks would be something fun to add to the list not that I had a clue as to exactly what Twiddlywinks were. Dad would mention playing twiddlywinks in jest but that really didn't tell me much except I wanted to play.

When I was trying to figure my 12 bucket list adventures for the year, Danielle said she'd help me with some of the weird ones. I asked her if she knew how to play Twiddlywinks, Euchre, or Bridge and not surprisingly she knew how to play Twiddlywinks. Unfortunately she doesn't know Euchre or Bridge....

I picked up a set of Twiddlywinks on Amazon for $7 and couldn't wait to learn how to play. Apparently I picked up the English version of the game but that didn't stop us from having some fun.



Basically the object of the game is to get all your (and your partner's) winks (chips) into the pot (cup) before the other team by flipping them into the pot. The English version gives your a flipper coin called a squidger to help flip your winks into the cup.






We didn't really play by the rules (i.e. taking turns, etc). We just tried to flip our winks into the pot. I must have had some beginner luck because I managed to get all my winks into the pot. Gavin wasn't having much fun because he couldn't get his winks into the pot.





Now that I have my own set of Twiddlywinks, I have a feeling I'm going to be practicing flipping my winks into the pot whenever I'm bored. I want to play against the hubby but I have a feeling he will get frustrated if he can't flip his winks into the pot.  If you've never played Twiddlywinks, I've got a set and we can play sometime. It's quite fun and challenging at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment