Saturday, February 9, 2019

6259. See The Lion King

When my friend asked if I wanted to see one of three shows at the PAC this season, The Lion King was the only one I heard of and it wasn't high on my list. However I wasn't going to turn down a chance to see a show at the PAC. Then I found out the price of the ticket and almost said no. I figured out how to budget for the $100 ticket and put it on my calendar.



Part of the reason I had no real desire to go see The Lion King was that I grew up on the Disney animated movie and couldn't fathom how they would turn this into a stage production. The entire move is about a lion and his jungle friends and foes. You very well can't teach a lion and a warthog to sing and dance on a stage in front of hundreds of very tasty looking people.

The costumes were unbelievable. Many of the costumes were puppets.  The show started with a parade of animals down the aisles include two giant elephants. I don't even want to think how many costume changes the ensemble went through the course of the show... animals, plants, you name it they did it all. Simba, Nala, Mufassa, and Scar were really well done. I wish I could have taken pictures just to show everyone all the costumes and puppets. My favorite is Pumbaa.. I just didn't get the green camouflage body suit for Timon. I know he was just the puppeteer but a different color might have been better and less distracting.

There some added humor that wasn't in the original movie like a reference to Frozen with "Let it Go" and a reference to cheese curds.



The hubby asked if it was worth the $100. All I have to say is it was worth the $100.. especially when we were four rows from the stage. Even if we were farther back or even all the way upstairs, it would have been worth the price of admission. It was so good I might even go again if the opportunity ever arose.

No comments:

Post a Comment