Saturday, February 10, 2018

890. See the Ice Sculptures at the PAC

I heard once that the Milwaukee PAC had a display of awesome ice sculptures every winter. Well.. apparently I keep missing the memo and can never find any information about the ice sculptures at the PAC in Milwaukee. However, Appleton has a PAC as well and they have some ice sculptures out front every winter too as part of downtown Appleton's Winter Gala. Well it's a PAC and there are ice sculptures therefore it counts according to my sources.

With that in mind, when Appleton finally got around to having their Winter Gala this year I knew I had to go check out the ice sculptures. Danielle and Gavin tagged along too.



Honestly I wasn't overly impressed. Some of them were really artistic and others were just advertising.







As we strolled College Avenue, I began to wonder if there was a penguin theme this year because there were a lot of penguins.





There were several I liked but I think my favorite was the Eiffel Tower in front of the PAC. It was perfect for the upcoming show of "An American in Paris."



Danielle like the child catching snowflakes.


There was also some ice sculptures for the Community Vow Renewal in honor of Valentine's Day including an ice cake.




A few of my other favorites




We may have missed a few of the sculptures since it was a bit chilly outside.

All of the ice sculptures were very well done. I thought the advertising was a bit pretentious and it turned me off even though I get they were sponsors of the event. If you want to advertise your building or are a sponsor of the event turn it into a really cool ice sculpture and not just a logo. I want to see art.

Hopefully one day I will get to see the ice sculptures in Milwaukee until then I will keep enjoying the ones in Appleton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment