Saturday, May 30, 2015

#4048 Go to Organ Piper Pizza

After Stacy and I explored American Science and Surplus, took a boat tour around Lake Geneva, and ate some chocolate at Chocolate Fest, we met up with her husband, son, and in-laws for dinner at Organ Piper Pizza. We decided on Organ Piper because it was another suggestion I had when asked what else I wanted to do. I heard it was a must do place in Milwaukee and it was pizza. Who doesn't love pizza?

It is a unique experience. First you place your order at the counter and then watch for your number to appear on the board, like bingo, to go pick up your order.


While you are waiting for your pizza and eating, the organist entertains your on the ginormous pipe organ. It has several series of pipes, other percussion instruments that he can control, lights, and even the American Flag. He takes requests so you can listen to your favorites played on the organ or embarrass someone on their birthday. 




If organ music isn't your thing, you can always go check out the game room and lose quarters playing pinball or other arcade games.

The pizza wasn't bad. It has a crispy crust, not entirely thin but not thick either. It is thicker than Joe's Fox Hut's pizza but I won't call it thick crust either. The pizza wasn't overly saucy. I don't like saucy pizza. So this was a plus. It was loaded with toppings. We got the Milwaukee Special which was Sausage, Mushrooms, and Onions. I brushed off most of the onions and mushrooms but still had a few. They didn't kill me. 

Good pizza. Good music. Fun atmosphere. However, I'm not entirely sure the hubby would like the place because it is more than pizza and he's not an atmosphere kinda guy. If you take the organ show out of the place (which will NEVER happen since that's the namesake), the hubby probably would be more likely to go. He's weird. I enjoyed everything especially the organ show. Definitely would come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment