Thursday, May 28, 2015

# 4028 Go to American Science and Surplus

One day, I clicked on one of those links on Facebook that tells you about places you MUST visit in a city. American Science and Surplus was on of those places. It sounded cool. I added it to the list. When Stacy asked about things to do besides Chocolate Fest, I looked over my Milwaukee/Milwaukee County list and decided American Science and Surplus was possibility.  Initially Stacy figured we could hit it on Memorial Day until she discovered it was closed. Since plans changed so much for Sunday, we took advantage of not really having any plans and stopped on our way to Lake Geneva.

It was not what I was expecting. I think I missed the word "Science". I was thinking Army surplus. Even with my misunderstanding of what kind of place it is, American Science and Surplus is definitely my kind of place. Completely random and not sure what you're going to find when you walk in the door. It is full of complete randomness. You want to excavate a mermaid, they have a kit for you. Need a random gear? I'm sure they have the size you need. From military to science equipment to toys and accessories, you just might find that perfect gift for the hard to buy for relative or a funky Halloween costume.

It was fun just browsing and if I'm ever in the area, I probably would stop just to see what new and random things they have.
Just a few of the random things I found










No comments:

Post a Comment