Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Quarantine Adventures: Basic Watercolor

 Kaukauna Library has some great adult take and go art kits that have sustained me through this pandemic. They usually do one a month. October's was watercolor. I'm not an artist. I can't really paint to save my life but I figured it couldn't be too hard.

The kit included several pieces of paper, a sample of what we were creating, and a set of water colors.

Kaukauna library goes live on Facebook to walk you through the steps of the project. It was a actually pretty easy even for someone with minimal artistic ability.

Basically you swipe blue and purple at the top and bottom of the paper and kind of blend it. Then you add the sunset colors of orange, red, and yellow to the middle. Blend those colors together with water to create a sunset over water look.

The take black and paint some mountains across the middle. Kind of make a landscape.

Finally with a dry brush pull down the black to create shadows in the water.

Like I said I could handle this. It very basic. The hubby even said the painting was frame worthy which is a lot coming from him. He's seen my other paintings.



Hopefully I will be able to do some other of Kaukauna take and make projects. There is limited quantities so I always have to make sure I have to sign up right away. Maybe this pandemic will bring out the artist in me. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment