Saturday, October 10, 2020

4955. Go to Confections For Any Occasion in Theresa

 Since the hubby had no games and it was a nice day for a drive, we headed down to Holy Hill to see the fall foliage. The road to Holy Hill was very busy. We did not go up to Holy Hill but the drive through the area was in full fall colors. This is a drive everyone should take a least once in their lives even if you do not go up to Holy Hill.

Besides you can also see the Holy Hill Skeletons.  Jimmy Zamzow, the creator of the display, has been creating the display of skeletons for the last 21 years. People come from all over to see the skeletons. This year's theme is 'Til Death Do Us Part. The only problem with the display, it is on Hwy 167 which is quite busy with all the traffic headed to Holy Hill, the Ice Age Trail, and Sunday Drivers.

After driving through the area, the hubby started playing down what's this road to head back to Appleton. He didn't really want to take the highway. He decided to take Hwy 175 out of Slinger. I saw a sign that said we were 10 miles from Theresa. I asked if we could stop at the candy store in Theresa. He agreed since he is a sucker for good candy.

I first heard of Confections For Any Occasions by Joel in Our Wisconsin Magazine a few years back. Joel, a blind confectioner, started selling his creations to neighbors. By 2002, he outgrew is production area and opened his own store in downtown in Theresa. 

Joel makes many kinds of treats. They are slightly pricy and the pieces are small. Since I couldn't make up my mind, I opted for a mystery box of 6 pieces and the hubby got a couple coconut clusters. We also got a few hand made caramels which is the hubby's favorite.

Everything was very good. I am not a fan of turtles or toffee but both were in my mystery box and were probably the best I had. The hubby really enjoyed the caramels.

 




I would definitely stop and try other creations. He makes beer barrel truffles which sound really good. I won't go out of the way to get it but if driving through town,  I would definitely stop and get some candy and you should to.

No comments:

Post a Comment