Friday, October 19, 2018

444. Bob for apples

Growing up I really never really went to a Halloween party until high school. Sure Dad took us to the Knights of Columbus Halloween Party in the church basement but that was a few snacks and a costumer contest. I don't remember any games. I sure don't remember ever seeing apple bobbing.

Since bobbing for apples was one of the things that I was itching to cross off the bucket list for the last few years, I decided I was going to have a small apple bobbing get together. Danielle was bringing the apples, Shannon brought the tub, and I supplied the caramel (for later).

Well... Danielle forgot the apples. The tub was quite large and needed to be filled in the shower. Luckily we have a walk in shower in the one bathroom that never gets used and I have a few apples in the fridge.

Once the tub was nearly filled, we all trooped into the bathroom where Natalie and Erin said they would bob for apples too. I get the honors to go first. I knew bobbing for apples was going to be difficult from what I heard. However, I didn't think it was going to be impossible.



The water wasn't quite high enough in the tub and attempting to get an apple was nearly impossible. Every time I would try to bite an apple, I would almost drown. I couldn't keep my eyes open under water to see. Needless to say I didn't get an apple and neither did any one else because I ended up with a bloody nose which ended all the fun. I probably would have kept going until I got that dang apple otherwise.



After we cleaned up (and I put on dry clothes), we dipped made caramel apples with the apples we had left. My caramel was too thick which made dipping nearly impossible. Cutting the apple and the dipping worked a whole lot better.







Maybe next year I will have another fall fun party with apple bobbing, caramel apples, and maybe even pumpkin painting. It was certainly a fun evening and I won't mind trying to bob for apples again.


No comments:

Post a Comment