Monday, July 10, 2017

Wine Tasting at Simon Creek

When my cousins said they were going to be in Door County, I rearranged my schedule to meet them up there. We decided to meet at Simon Creek Winery for some wine tasting and catching up.

Simon Creek is an "adult" winery -- meaning their wines are for a more developed palates. My palate is still developing. I like fruity wines that aren't too dry. I prefer blushes to white or red.

I had to break out of my wine comfort zone and try things with names I couldn't pronounce -- Sauvignon.... Gewurztraminer... Tempranillo. Can't we give them some fun names like Spicy German or Tropical Blanco??

We each sampled 4 wines. I believe I tried the Sauvignon Blanc, Untouchable White, Door County Cherry, and Light Sweet Muscat. I really wasn't a fan of any of them enough to buy a bottle... or maybe it was the price tag on the wine. I'm a $10 a bottle kind of girl... I really didn't want to pay $15+ for a wine I wasn't crazy for. Yup... still a wine novice.

Once we sampled our wine, my cousin bought each of us a glass and we headed out to the patio to catch up, enjoy the views, and enjoy our wine. I did have the Muscat which is good just not good enough for me to pay $16 a bottle.

Image may contain: people sitting, drink, table, outdoor and indoor

I liked that the wine tasting was free and you can enjoy a glass afterwards outside. It is a nice way to spend an hour or two.

In the right company, I'll go back enjoy some adult wine, develop my palate some more, and who knows pick up a bottle of that Muscat.

No comments:

Post a Comment