Sunday, April 17, 2016

Checking out Frogg's

We were heading back from my parents, when we had this conversation in Chilton:

The hubby: I think Chilton Has a Dairy Queen

Me: There’s that other ice cream place

Hubby: It’s on the other end of town. Dairy Queen is over here.

Me: Sherwood has an ice cream place. Not sure how late they are open. I’m not all about Dairy Queen. I want real ice cream.

Looking at Culver’s Flavors of the Day on my App

Me: Culver's in Neenah and Little Chute have your Flavors of the Day.

Hubby: We’ll go to Little Chute after stopping at home. Culver’s sounds good

Driving through Sherwood, we see that Frogg’s Ice Cream is open. We decide to stop.



I was disappointed… soft serve. No real ice cream. Okay. I will make do. It’s somewhere new and we wanted to try it anyways. We walk into the shop. It’s just a counter where you order. You actually sit outside and eat. I decided I will get a kid’s cone. Then I see the sprinkles. OK. I can do a cone with sprinkles. Sprinkles make everything better.



My friend Melody would love this place. Frogs galore. It is cute in the country chic kind of way.





I order a tadpole (kid’s size I’m assuming). The hubby wants a medium cone dipped in chocolate. The guy is like I can’t do a medium dipped in chocolate because it’s about this big (holding his hands about a foot apart). The hubby settles for a small dipped in chocolate. Both cones cost us less than $4.00. Regular cones are pretty cheap. It’s when you start getting into the sundaes and blizzard-like treats that it gets pricey. My cone was $1.65 with the sprinkles.



We get our cones and they are huge. I swear they are bigger than JDs. For the price, you can’t go wrong. We decided we can drive the 10 minutes to Sherwood for cones instead of going to Dairy Queen. They taste better. Maybe next time we will get Frogs in a Blender…

No comments:

Post a Comment