Monday, November 23, 2015

Birthday Freebies

The other week on Facebook, a friend asked what the best birthday deal you found was. I had to say Kohl’s. That got me thinking. Every November my inbox starts to overflow with birthday deals and coupons…many of which I use. I try to use them all but sometimes, the requirements are not worth it or there are just so many days in the month.

Here’s a list of what I have gotten this year or know of. Just about all of these require you to sign up for their mailing lists.

Restaurants Meals

Noodles and Company – Free Bowl of Noodles. You have the entire month to use it. Plus you get multiple coupons  throughout the year for Buy One, Get One Noodles.
Red Robin – Free burger. Most burgers or chicken sandwiches qualify. You have the entire month to use it. You have to be a Red Royalty Card Holder. It gives you perks throughout the year, every 10th burger is free, and a portion of your purchase and can go back to the school of your choice.
Q’doba – Buy One, Get One Entrée. Since my birthday is towards, the end of the month, I have the 2nd half of the month to use it. Not too many other email perks but lots of update emails. I believe all your rewards are on your card.
Fuddruckers – Free burger. Again I get this one in the middle month of the month and have until the middle of the next month or so to use it. You do get some additional perks throughout the year but mainly informational emails.
Dickey’s BBQ – Free Sandwich. This another one that you have 2 weeks to use it. I almost lost mine this year when I deleted it by accident. Good thing for auto-recover. There are several other perks through the year as well.
Buffalo Wild Wings – Free snack size of wings (Boneless or traditional). This is probably my husband’s favorite one. I don’t mind it either.  It’s good for 2 weeks. Plus you get free wings and things throughout the year.
Denny’s – Free Grand Slam. It is only good on the day of your birthday. Other perks are 20% of your bill like every month. I have never used this one mainly because I usually have to work the morning of my birthday and am not a big fan of the grand slam. It’s always an option though.
IHOP – Free Pancakes. This is one I do not get. I actually just never got around to signing up for it. You also get free pancakes right when you sign up and again on your sign up anniversary. This one I may wait until summer to do so we can have free pancakes in summer too.
BJ Clancy’s – Free meal on your birthday after 4pm with the purchase of at least 2 beverages and another meal. There are quite a few options to choose from plus you get ice cream for dessert. This is where we normally go for our birthdays.

Other Restaurant Freebies

Texas Roadhouse – Free Appetizer with the purchase of an entree. We use it if we’re there. I’m not going to run out just to get some free onion rings. Besides I don’t want to ride the saddle.
Applebee’s – Free Dessert with the purchase of an entrée. Again this one of those, if I’m there I’ll use it but I’m not going to make a special trip for a free dessert.
Longhorn Steakhouse -- Free Dessert with the purchase of an entrée. Again this one of those, if I’m there I’ll use it but I’m not going to make a special trip for a free dessert.
Olive Garden -- Free Dessert with the purchase of an entrée. Again this one of those, if I’m there I’ll use it but I’m not going to make a special trip for a free dessert. I am not signed up for Olive Garden’s emails but I saw this one of Facebook this morning.
Panera Bread – Free Bakery Item. I would use this if Panera was actually convenient to me. Hopefully this year. It automatically gets load on your card.
Pizza Hut --  Free CinnaStix. We normally don’t order from Pizza Hut but I have the coupon just in case.
Black Otter – Gift Certificate to use on a future purchase if you come in on your birthday. We actually did this one year for the hubby’s birthday. Normally we got to Clancy’s.
Luigi’s in Menasha – Free Mini Cannoli on your birthday. I stumbled upon this one by accident. We ate there last night and I told the waitress I don’t get dessert if I don’t clean my plate even if it’s my birthday. She asked if it was my birthday and I said it was tomorrow. She said close enough and brought me a Cannoli.

Ice Cream and other Snacks

Cold Stone Creamery – Buy One Get One Ice Cream. It’s only good at a specific location. We moved and the mall location is no longer convenient. Besides I feel that it’s my birthday and I should be able to get a free scoop by myself if I’m at the mall and not have to drag the hubby or someone with just to cash in on some free ice cream.
Baskin Robbins -- $3 off an ice cream cake. Free scope of ice cream. The nice thing with Baskin-Robbins, you can register the entire family with 1 email so everyone gets a free scope on their birthday. They don’t bother you the rest of the year.
Downtown Neenah Dairy Queen -- $5 off a DQ Cake. I am not sure about the other Dairy Queens but I know the Downtown Neenah DQ offers this. I know other DQs give out free blizzards.
Auntie Anne’s Pretzels – Free pretzel the month of your birthday plus other perks throughout the year. It’s all done through their app now.
Beverages
 A&W – Free root beer float. I’ve never cashed in on this one mainly because my birthday is in November. I think it’s too cold for a root beer float. I’m thinking this year may be different.
Starbucks – Free Beverage. Here’s the catch, need to register a gift card/app. That’s not a problem. This year I only had 3 days to use my free beverage. That’s tough this time of year with Thanksgiving.
Dunkin Donuts – Free Beverage. Good for 3 months after your birthday. You need to be enrolled in their rewards program but you receive free beverages after 200 points. You get points for everything you buy. Plus you get a survey for a free donut on the bottom of every receipt.

Shopping

Kohl’s – $10 to spend the month of your birthday if you have a Kohl’s Credit Card. You also get the other perks of Kohl’s Credit Card throughout the rest of the year. I don’t use my Kohl’s card all that often but it’s nice to have just in case.
Shopko -- $10 off $50 during the month of your birthday if you sign up for the rewards card. I normally don’t spend that much at Shopko at one time so I have actually never used it. You also get other discounts throughout the year including your anniversary month.
Younkers/Boston Store -- $25 off $75. I don’t spend that much there to justify printing the coupon plus with all the restrictions on it, I don’t find it worth it. No rewards card or credit card necessary. I just got a ton of emails from them with coupons.
World Market – This year I got 15% off my entire purchase. Last year I got $10 to spend. I didn’t make a purchase all year so maybe that is why. I also get other discounts throughout the year.
Godiva – $10 to spend the month of your birthday.  I only signed up for this to get my free chocolate every month…then the store in Fox River Mall closed. Now I only get the $10 to spend and have to pay shipping.
Old Navy – 10% off my entire order.

Other Coupons

Cottonelle – Sent me a $1.00 off a 12 pack toilet paper... and with Walgreen's having $3.99 toilet paper this weekend, I can score a pretty good deal,
Kellogg’s Family Rewards – 100 bonus points and $20 Shutterfly Credit
Swagbucks – 55 swag up on my next gift card.
Driscoll’s Berries -- $0.50 off coupon for any Driscoll berries.


I know I have gotten Solea, Chili’s, and Perkins in the past but don’t recall getting an email this year but I may have deleted them by mistake. This is only the emails that I received. I know there are other places, both local and national, that give out birthday deals. Who knows maybe next year I will have more. Free stuff is never a bad thing unless you don’t want your inbox filled up with tons of emails that you have to weed through. 

1 comment:

  1. Culvers a free small sundae. Besides$$ of icecream cake at DQ, here I think you get a buy one get one 1/2 off. I remember at Good Will you get money off or free dollar amount don't remember, if you have a goodwill card. This is Amber but commenting as my dad's email automatically....

    ReplyDelete