Friday, July 17, 2015

Mike Jirschele Bobblehead Night

Last week I got my weekly update about promotions and happenings at Fox Cities Stadium and the T-Rat game. It said next Thursday was going to be Mike Jirschele, bobblehead night. I mentioned this to the hubby, who said he wanted one and wanted to know where he was. I told him he was in Lomira and asked if he wanted me to go and get him. His response, “Not if you’re going by yourself.” So I put a post on Facebook asking if anyone wanted to go to the game. Danielle said she’d go with me. I ordered tickets to pick up at will call.



I knew from past experience that we would need to get to the stadium before the gates opened to make sure we got a bobblehead since they were only giving away 1000 of them and Mike was a Clintonville native. Danielle was at my place around 4:45 and we were there by 5:00 for a 7 pm start. We stood in line for a half hour before the gates even opened. Luckily it waited to rain.  When we got in line, there were probably close to 100 people already in line and by the time the gates opened, the line stretch all the way down the first base side parking lot. Once we had our bobbleheads, we stood in a much shorter line to have Mike sign them. 

The line when we got in it 30 minutes before gates opened

Now you’re probably thinking why would we stand in line for this Mike guy’s bobblehead? 1. He’s from Clintonville. 2. He used to play for the Appleton Foxes 3. He is now the 3rd base coach for the Kansas City Royals. So basically, he’s a local guy that made it to the big leagues. If you are not from the Valley or a Royals fan, this bobblehead probably has no value to you. For the hubby, it is a cool piece to add to his collection.
Getting my bobblehead signed


We never did get to see the baseball game. It poured buckets shortly after we got inside and the eventually we left. Shortly after we left, they called the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment