Friday, May 31, 2024

7262. Have dandelion wine

 When we were in the Amana Colonies in March, we stopped at the Village Winery. I sampled a bottle of dandelion wine. I decided to pick up a small bottle for a girls get together. 


I chilled the wine for a few days beforehand. We also had ice on hand to keep it chilled.

The bottle was a screw top which was perfect for our get together. 

I don't remember my sample being so sickeningly sweet. It was very sweet. Janis, who likes sweet wines, said it was too sweet for her. Danielle, surprisingly, liked it but she had dandelion wine before. I was indifferent to it. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great. It was just very sweet. 

Danielle said she remembers having homemade dandelion wine from the bathtub. That stuff had a kick. Guess I will need to add have homemade dandelion wine to the bucket list. 

I'm glad I only got the small bottle otherwise I would have way too much dandelion wine to finish myself. It was definitely not what I remembered and probably not get it again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment