Friday, January 23, 2015

Flashback Friday: #952 -- Go to the Mustard Museum

I don't know why The Mustard Museum is on the bucket list. Probably, I saw something on TV or picked up a brochure for it. The Mustard Museum used to me in Mount Horeb and now is in Middleton. There have been opportunities in the past to stop but we just never did. Last summer, when planning a girls' weekend to Galena, IL with my cousins I decided to hit the museum on the way down.


I was severely disappointed. It was not what I expected. In the basement were a dozen or so display cases with mustard jars, some posters, and other memorabilia. Upstairs was the store/tasting room. I was expecting more tasting options available on display. I could have asked to taste anything but with some many choices, I didn't know where to start. Since I was to bring some mustard along for the weekend, I was expecting some sample jars of the more unique mustards. There were probably only a dozen or so different variety available in sample jars. I am not a big mustard fan so the samples would have been perfect instead I had to purchase several regular jars that ended up going to work.


I'm glad I can say I have been to the National Mustard Museum. However, I don't have any desire to go back. If I'm in Middleton again, I might have to find the pie shop that the two old ladies were asking about. Pie sounds much better than mustard.

No comments:

Post a Comment