Sunday, August 11, 2024

Checking out the Grignon Mansion Car Show

 Since our summer did not go as planned, I tried to make the most of it by trying to find things to do around the area. I saw a Facebook post about a car show at the Grignon Mansion. I knew that it would be something the hubby would like. So I put it on the calendar. 

The Grignon Mansion was a wedding gift to Charles Grignon's wife in 1837. The home became known as the Mansion in the Woods to weary travelers. I have only toured the mansion at Christmas time and the hubby never has. We thought about going on a tour but opted against it. We will save that for another day.

The Grignon Mansion is located along the Fox River in Kaukauna. It sits next to a park and has plenty of open space to host a car show. Parking was mainly street parking unless you were lucky enough to snag a spot in the small lot. As we drove down the hill to the mansion, we saw cars parked several blocks away and decided if we couldn't find a close spot, we would not stop. We got lucky and spot was open less than a block away.

Like most car shows in the area, there were a lot of Chevies and not many Fords. The hubby is a big Ford guy. I just like looking at all the cars... makes and models don't really matter to me. I really prefer the old cars like Model Ts and that era. The hubby gravitates to the 50s and 60s cars. There was a good mix of them all. 




I also like unique looking cars like this little VW. I joked the hubby won't get into it.

Besides house tours ($8/person), you could take a free horse drawn wagon ride around the field. I didn't even bring this up to the hubby since the line was long and it probably wasn't his thing. 



Food and drink was also available. 

It was actually a very nice car show. We might have to add this to list to visit every year. It is free to attend and there were plenty of people checking out the cars. If you like old cars, this is definitely a good show to check out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment