Saturday, January 30, 2021

Goats in Pajamas

 I saw an event on Facebook for Kids in Pajamas at a cheese store in Malone. I wasn't sure what it was but it looked cute. Mom asked if I was actually going and I said probably not. Then Danielle asked if we were still doing our MASH party with Andrea. I said only if we can take a detour and see the kids in pajamas. Our MASH party was cancelled due to COVID exposure but we still headed to Malone to see some goats.

LaClare Cheese Shoppe is also a goat farm. I've passed the place a couple times when we'd head down to Fond du Lac on 151. They make goat milk, goat cheese, and other goat products. 

The kids were in bins in the indoor viewing area which was nice since it was chilly out. The kids, baby goats, were dressed in little pajamas. They were two goats per bin and probably a few months, if that, old. They were not really impressed being dressed in pajamas on show for people. They preferred to sleep.



While waiting to go into the viewing room, one family at a time, we got to try goat milk. Goat milk tastes like regular milk. I was surprised since I am not really a fan of goat cheese. We also learned the difference between goat milk and cow milk. It was a science lesson I was not prepared for. 

After seeing the goats, we headed upstairs to the upstairs viewing area. Since it was a Saturday, there was no production. The production area was used for Saxon Creamery cheeses and the LaClare Goat cheeses. 




We said we will have to check it out again when it's warmer out. I'd love to eat the cafe, try some ice cream, and see the goat outside. It was a fun little excursion on a Saturday morning. If you are ever in the area, check out the LaClare Cheese Shoppe. It is worth the stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment